1. Don't put your handbag on the floor!
2. Spray a little Scotchguard.
3. It's raining men.
If you get caught in the drizzle a little bit of damp won't harm your handbag, but if it's "Raining cats & dogs", it's best to pop your fabric handbag inside a plastic bag.
4. Store your handbag packed with tissue paper.
This will help it keep its shape. Never, ever, chuck your bag into the back of the wardrobe or into the deepest drawer without a thought for its welfare. Handbags can suffer colour migration if kept too close together (where colours migrate from bag to bag). So keep it separate and happy.
5. There's always a Bag accident waiting to happen.
6. Lastly, don't carry furry friends in your handbag, if you can help it.